Friday, October 30, 2020

Click.

 Friday, October 30, 2020 (6:36 a.m.)

Blessed God,


I have come


“Click.”


That’s how quick it was. Random thoughts. And then? My mind clicked over to instantly singing ♪You have called I have come To the house of the Holy One You are God I will run into You… Jesus You forgave my sins Now I freely enter in♪ 


Mm, yes Father! The clicks happen so quickly I’m often unaware of the switch that has been made.


Just now. Fully invested in singing ♪House of the Holy One♪ then suddenly, with no notice whatsoever, ♪I’m running to Your arms… Forever Reign


Just one click of the computer and I’m reading of Job’s anguish. The Message, Job 7:1-6. “There’s Nothing to My Life Human life is a struggle, isn’t it? It’s a life sentence to hard labor. Like field hands longing for quitting time and working stiffs with nothing to hope for but payday, I’m given a life that meanders and goes nowhere - months of aimlessness, nights of misery! I go to bed and think, ‘How long till I can get up?’ I toss and turn as the night drags on - … My days come and go swifter than the click of knitting needles, and then the yarn runs out - an unfinished life!”


What a descriptive word picture Lord. It’s oddly comforting to be reminded that others have struggled in their lives. And all the more encouraging when we remember that it is You to whom they turned for help.


Father God, how I thank You for allowing me to click so easily over to sing of running to You. Your Truth. The hope we find in You.


The Life Recovery Bible has a comment for verses 7:11-21. “Here, Job turned to petition God. Even though he was in anguish, he recognized that God was the only one who could take away the pain. Whether or not the pain we feel is a result of our own sins, God is there to comfort us. His timing may not be what we would consider ideal, but God’s perspective and timing are always best. We can trust God to rescue us - but in His time, not ours.”


Align us to Your time Dearest God. So much is taking place this upcoming week. A semi-cancelled All Hallows Eve, with a rare full blue moon. Time “falling back”. A presidential election of gigantic proportion. You are truly our only hope through all of it.


Do all You must Blessed Lord. We need You. Thank You. Amen.


(418 words ~ 8:39 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment