Monday, October 19, 2020

our only hope

Monday, October 19, 2020 (7:13 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m here asking You Dear Lord to change my attitude. Please, please, please. Change my attitude. I confess to You, it stinks! Bordering on despair. You truly are our only hope.


Yes Father. You are our only hope!


Isaiah 33:2-4 (The Message)

Jeremiah 14:7-9

Daniel 9:9-12

Lamentations 5:21 (The Living Bible)

1 Timothy 1:1

John 6:68 (Amplified Bible)


The more I read in Your Word the greater is my resolve to follow You. On my own I become increasingly fearful. Distressed. Hopeless.


Turning to You in truth and honesty, I find hope. Looking at circumstances is overwhelmingly negative. Choosing to place all trust in You, my heart is lightened.


Father God I love You. I absolutely need You to right my wrong thinking. Thank You that I get to be completely honest with You. I can’t change myself. You can! I am asking You to do all You must. Change my attitude. All I think. What I want.


You are good. You are holy. It’s a new day. And I’m asking for the new attitude that will honor and glorify You.


Singing a new to me song from yesterday’s worship service, I beseech You Father ♪Do It Again♪ Yes Lord! You are good. You are able. You are our only hope!


♪Walking around these walls I thought by now they’d fall… Waiting for change to come Knowing the battle’s won♪ And the overwhelmingly Truth filled line? ♪For You have never failed me yet♪ So true Dear God!


♪Your promise still stands Great is Your faithfulness, faithfulness I’m still in Your hands This is my confidence, You’ve never failed me yet I know the night won’t last Your Word will come to pass My heart will sing Your praise again Jesus You’re still enough Keep me within Your love My heart will sing Your praise again♪


So here I am. Sitting up straighter. Willing to get started with another day. Wanting desperately to BE the woman You created. Straighten my thinking every single time it starts getting wonky.


I don’t want to keep trying to be all You want of me. I’m asking You to do all You must that I will truly become the new person Paul talks about in Ephesians. The one with “a spiritual renewal of thoughts and attitude” (4:23). 


Yes Father. I want to ‘display a new nature because I am a new person, created in Your likeness - righteous, holy and true’ (v. 24). Not just pretending and trying to be all I think You want of and for me.


I’m asking You to make me real, Father. Authentic. Genuine.


♪I’ve seen You move, You move the mountains And I believe, I’ll see You do it again You made a way, where there was no way And I believe, I’ll see You do it again… Your promise still stands… You never failed me yet I never will forget♪


Father I ask all this change in Your Son’s precious name. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(514 words ~ 8:45 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment