Friday, October 9, 2020

continue growing

Thursday, October 8, 2020 (6:02 a.m.)

Blessed God,


You continue growing me. Mm, yes. And how I thank You Lord.


Thank You for the opportunities to change.


Ephesians 2:20-22 (AMP)

Colossians 1:27-29 (ERV)


And here it is! The verse(s) I want to explore with You this morning. Colossians 2:7. Beginning at 6 and following through to 8. Easy-to-Read Version. This is where I get to settle in. Read. Hope. Gather strength. Thank You God.


Written by the apostle Paul to the believers at Colosse “to show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life” (The Life Recovery Bible’s THE BOTTOM LINE PURPOSE). Mm, yes! “The greatest power in the universe - the power of God in Jesus Christ.” Thank You Father.


Thank You that I get to come before You. Exactly as I am. Mistakes and all. Referring back to yesterday’s experience with “failing fabulously”, I offer You this morning’s American Sentence. “Failing fabulously” allows for perspective when making mistakes.


Father how I thank You for continuing to grow me as I learn. Explore. Stumble. Pick myself up. And try again. You provide me the fresh perspective I need to continue going and growing. Thank and praise You Lord!


Continue to Follow Christ Jesus You accepted Christ Jesus as Lord, so continue to live following Him. You must depend on Christ only, drawing life and strength from Him. Just as you were taught the Truth, continue to grow stronger in your understanding of it. And never stop giving thanks to God” (Colossians 2:6-7).


How very interesting Lord. I didn’t recognize this section in the Easy-to-Read version. It’s only in following the verse over to The Passion Translation that I immediately recognized it as the passage that helped me through the difficult days of my mom’s passing. You were there with me. Preparing me for what was to come.


Blessed Lord God, how I thank You for the opportunity to look back and read of who and where I was all those (10+) years ago. Talk about You continuing to grow me. Thank and praise You awesome God.


As I prepare to go out into this day, again I marvel at the work You have already done in me. Keep it up Blessed God. Continue growing me into the woman You would have me be. The one who is “clothed in strength and dignity”, who “laughs with no fear of the future”, whose “teachings are filled with wisdom and kindness as loving instruction pours from her lips” and “her sons and daughters arise in one accord to extol her virtues, and her husband arises to speak of her in glowing terms” (Proverbs 31:25, 26, 28 The Passion Translation).


Oh yes Blessed God! Continue growing me in to her. Thank You. I love You. Use me. Amen.

(483 words ~ 7:24 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment