Sunday, October 18, 2020

conversion

 Saturday, October 17, 2020 (7:22 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Teach me I ask.


The war in my head continues. One moment grateful. The next? Filled with regret. Doubt. Numerous degrees of negativity.


Father, it’s to You I turn. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Only You know what is best. You know Your plan. Your will. Your way.


Having used the football term conversion earlier I bring it to Your Word. Reading in Romans. Taking heart in being reminded that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). It’s not just me. Thank You God.


Revisiting the apostle Paul’s greetings to the church at Rome I settle in. Breathing deeper. Allowing myself to be comforted by Your Truth.


He wrote this letter to Your “beloved chosen ones”. Those who had “been divinely summoned to be holy” in Your eyes (Romans 1:7). Oh that I would truly fill Your bill Lord! I long to live this day believing myself to be beloved, chosen, divinely summoned and holy in Your eyes.


Paul gave “thanks to God for all of you, because it’s through your conversion to Jesus Christ, that the testimony of your strong, persistent faith is spreading throughout the world” (v. 8). The Passion Translation footnote for this verse tells us, “It was Paul’s constant habit to thank God for any grace he found within any believer.”


I want to be known for doing that Lord! Thanking You for any grace I find in any believer. Even myself God. Any and every grace. Convert my eyes to seeing Your grace. Clearly.


I love You Father. Do all You must with me this day. In, through, by and for me that I would indeed give You the glory You so rightly deserve. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(302 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment