Saturday, October 24, 2020

think and remember

Saturday, October 24, 2020 (6:18 a.m.)

Holy God,


I love You. Thank You for the best night’s sleep I can remember having in the longest time. I come before You this morning asking You to guide me into Your Word.


Today’s date has me thinking and remembering. And finally (6:45 a.m.) smiling. Deep in my soul. Thank You Father.


I searched Your Word using a variety of phrases. “Think and remember” took me straight to Psalm 77, verse 3 (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition).


Illustrated Bible Handbook describes, “This deeply introspective psalm shares feelings and thoughts while in distress, and explains how hope was restored by recalling God’s miracle works for His people.” Mm… Yes Lord. Restored hope.


Father God, how I thank and praise You. When I turn to Your Word I get to read of the struggles of others. And I am buoyed by Your presence.


I was much younger 49 years ago. Extremely opinionated. Naive. And always noticing. Father, thank You that even though I didn’t really know You then, looking back I can see Your hand.


The sudden, unexpected death of my mom’s dad took our disjointed family completely by storm. Holy God, as I sit here shedding tears that I’ve held in for so long I thank You. Praise You. Inhale deeply. And exhale fully. Thank You Dad.


Thank You that even when none of us knew how to truly lean in and trust You, You were there nonetheless. You are holy, God. Present. Necessary.


As I consider the impact of that fateful Sunday Lord, my first response is to think and remember all I saw and heard. Here I give You all the memories Father. Asking You to do with them all that will bring You glory.


Look! Another smile. Yes Father. Another full breath has me sitting up straighter. Turning to You with hope. And yearning.


The Life Recovery Bible footnote for Psalm 77:1-4 tells us, “As he wrote these verses, the psalmist became so distressed that he couldn’t even pray! The same thing often happens to us. When we are discouraged, we need to be more persistent in our prayers. God is the only one who can really help us. When our life is out of control, God is able to help us slow down and put the pieces back together again.”


Blessed Father, I find enormous peace and hope in believing that You care. You can right our wrongs. Change our hearts. Do all that is necessary in putting broken families together the way that You had originally designed.


Today Lord, I come to You with broken pieces. Absolutely trusting You to be the healing God that You are. I have no idea what Your plans for any of us are. But I believe You to be good. Loving. Trustworthy. Holy. And completely in charge.


Do all You must in clarifying and refining us into the people You created us to be. Loving. Made in Your image.


I love You Father. As I think and remember painful areas of my life, I invite You in to healing the hurt. You are good. You are holy. And I love You. Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Thank You. I need You. Amen.


(548 words ~ 7:36 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment