Sunday, October 18, 2020

be constant

Sunday, October 18, 2020 (6:39 a.m.)

Holy God,

(7:44 a.m.)


I’m confessing to feeling fickle and wanting desperately to be constant. Yes Lord. I long to be constant!


Ephesians 4:23. Living as Children of Light. The New Self; 4:17-25 (The Life Recovery Bible. Illustrated Bible Handbook).

(1:21 p.m.)


A church service. Readings of several past prayers. A phone call. And finally back with You. Father, thank You that even while doing other things we are never far away from Your protective care.


Beginning here with Paul’s urging the believers in Ephesus to “put off the old self” (v. 22 ) and “to take a fresh breath and to let God renew your attitude and spirit” (v. 23 The Voice). Oh yes Blessed God. A fresh breath, with renewed attitude and spirit! Yes. Please.


The Living Bible tells us, “Now your attitudes and thoughts must all be constantly changing for the better. Yes, you must be a new and different person, holy and good. Clothe yourself with this new nature” (vs. 23-24).


Yes please Father! Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I would truly become the new and different person that You would have me be. Constantly changing for the better.


I love You Lord. I can do none of this without You. I need You to do all that I am unable on my own. Everything that You know is best. Thank You God. I need You. Praise You. Amen.

(254 words ~ 1:50 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment