Tuesday, October 1, 2019

the challenge ~ 9/29/19


Sunday, September 29, 2019 (7:02 a.m.)
Highway 395
Holy God,

Happy Sunday morning. Thank You for road safety. Travel mercies. Another opportunity to experience the beauty of Your creation.

Father, I love You. I didn’t sleep much last night, leaving a LOT of time for thought. Thank You that during that time much of the thinking included You. One song sang repeatedly.
(11:14 a.m.)
Gull Lake, CA

And now I thank You for fish catching and sleep. Yes. Warm in the car, delicious sleep.

As I sit here, warm and delighted, I confess the bad attitude I ended my evening with last night. Once again, I chose to take offense when my feelings were hurt.

Father God, I am asking You to continue the work You have begun in me. The work that is teaching me to “excuse rather than accuse.” To forgive instead of blame.
(11:58 a.m.)
Well aren’t You the clever One!

I asked. You answered. Immediately! And NOT in the way I would have preferred.

Again, I say thank You. Yes Father. Thank You for getting me out of Your way. Nope - scratch that! Thank You for getting me out of my own way and on to Yours. Yes Lord. Your Way!

An easy enough request. Take a little bit of a walk to purchase ice. Ice of all things! It was 36 degrees when we first arrived here.

Grudgingly acquiescing, I grumbled off. Past the church service that was just getting out and I had chosen to sleep through instead of attending. Outwardly smiling past a few of the attendees while continuing to inwardly balk at the task requested of me.

Then I saw it! The glistening lake. The beauty. Words flooded through me. Idyllic. Peaceful. Serene. Calm. Sitting in the car doesn’t come close to doing it justice!

How I thank You Father. For getting me out of my own way. And herein lies the challenge! Seeking first Your kingdom (Matthew 6:33).

Late last night I came across the Bible verse that tells us straight out to “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. And all these things will be added unto you.” Mm, yes Father. Teach me how.

No comments:

Post a Comment