Sunday, October 20, 2019

love is


Sunday, October 20, 2019 (5:07 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You.

Again I’ve come to You thinking one thing only to have You change my direction. Thank You Father. Yes thank You.

Mm. Nice. I’m getting to start this day with a grateful heart. And the music within just keeps singing. From one song to another. Thank You Father.

At first, while still in bed, it was ♪…but joy comes in the morning♪ Almost immediately after getting here I made a mistake in thinking ♪I Want to Know What Love Is♪ was really "I wanna go where love is."

This of course led me to singing Frank Sinatra and the regrets I’ve made while living each day ♪My Way♪ Confusing the word regrets with mistakes again I smiled. Which led me once more to acknowledging You by giving ♪thanks with a grateful heart♪ Again I thank You Father.

I thank You because I am so keenly aware of my good intentions and my failed results. Mistakes. Regrets. All the while standing firmly in Your Truth of having been “fearfully and wonderfully made” by You (Psalm 139:14-16).

Thank You Father.Yes, thank You!

I sing. I read. I search. I find. And then I sing some more. All the while allowing You to lead and guide me. Mistakes and all.

So here I am. Looking to You. Singing. Smiling. Waiting. Wanting. Yes Father, wanting You to show me what love is!

The Passion Translation (1 Corinthian 13:4-7) tells us it’s:

patient under stress
kind at all times
generous, not envious
humble, not self-promoting
never rude
not manipulated by using shame
not irritable or easily offended
celebrating honesty
not focused on what is flawed
loyal to the end

These are all things on a consistent basis that I am not, Lord. Oh! But, Father, YOU are! Thank You that You are indeed love (1 John 4:8). Yes! Thank You.

And now, one more song. All the way from 1968. Seemingly sent straight from You. ♪There is…♪

♪Oh girl, why won’t you let Me love you And let your troubled heart be free… take heed to all My goodness Take a hold and follow Me… (I AM THE ROAD, I AM THE WAY… I’ll fight your fears down through the years) …What does it take to make you see… All the precious time you been a-wastin’… You coulda been sharing in with Me…♪

Yes Father! ♪There IS the time, there is the place… THIS is the time, THIS is the place!… (There is) You… and me… and hope… and love…♪

How incredibly cool are You, Lord! Getting my attention, in so many ways, all at one time. 

I wanna go where love is! Yes, Lord. ♪I wanna know what love is. I want You to show me. I wanna feel what love is. I know You can show me♪

Yes Father. Do all You must in showing me so I will freely share Your hope and love with others. I love You Father. Thank You. Use me. Amen.

(512 words ~ 7:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment