Saturday, October 26, 2019

Beauty and joy and hope, oh my!


Friday, October 25, 2019 (5:26 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You for the gift of sheer beauty we experienced on Tuesday. Not knowing then that the clarity and colors we were viewing were anything out of the ordinary for the Oregon valley we were visiting.

Blessed God, how truly I thank You. Thank You for beauty and joy and hope. Yeah. Beauty and joy and hope, oh my!
(7:08 a.m.)

Father, as full of admiration to You as we are, I’m reading in Illustrated Bible Handbook. Isaiah 60. The Glory Unveiled. “Isaiah sees the dark clouds that cover the earth burned away by the light of God’s glory (1-3). All will lift their dulled eyes to look around in amazement, as their hearts throb with joy (4-7).”

That was us! Dulled eyes looking around in amazement with our hearts throbbing with joy. Thank You Father. Such beauty. Such joy. Such hope.

Preparing to quote The Life Recovery Bible’s comment for 60:1-3 I add my own, “Yes, please Father.”

“God’s people are called to let their light shine to the nations. God wants to transform all of us and use us to bring His Truth to others. We are reminded of Step Twelve, which says that an important part of recovery is sharing our life as living proof that recovery is possible with God’s help.”

I felt a shift toward joy and hopefulness yesterday Lord, believing myself “changed forever.” Words I actually used. This morning I’m sensing the typical gloomy doom that tends to far outweigh the colorful clarity we encountered just the other day.

So here I am asking You Dearest Father to rid me of the fear I so often get wrapped up in. Let me fully esteem and revere You. Joyfully sharing Your love with others. Singing, smiling, staying my mind on Your Truth, and standing firm in Your love.

Yes Blessed God. Use me this day to share Your beauty, joy and hope. I love You. I long to serve and share You. Do all You must in making it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(359 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment