Friday, October 4, 2019

reverence and obedience


Thursday, October 3, 2019 (5:36 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. Hello. Hi. Greetings. What’s it going to take for me to stay my mind on You?

Yes, Lord. What’s it going to take?

Obedience. Mm, yes Lord. I read it over and over again. Your call to obedience.

Hmm… sitting. Settling. Staying my mind. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Loving. Caring. Wanting. Hoping. Trusting. Believing. All these come as we stay our minds and hearts on You. Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You.

Blessed Lord, Your Word has so much to say about obedience. Putting You first in our lives. How I ask You to make it so in me.

Yesterday I spent hours reading about praying in the Holy Spirit. Uplifted. Encouraged. I couldn’t even find my own words.

This morning, my soul is wide open to Your leading. Ah, therein lies my truth! Yes. While I am absolutely open to Your leading still I waver.

Much like ten of the twelve scouts sent by Moses to explore the land of Canaan, I cower (Numbers 13:25-33). Unlike Caleb (v. 30) and Joshua (Joshua 14:7-8), I allow my own fear to outweigh Your promises.

Father, Your Word is rich in Truth. Hope. Power. Glory. Majesty. Thank You Lord. Praise You.

Holy God, how I ask You to empower me with obedience. As Moses urged Israel to obey (Deuteronomy 4:5-6), I look to You for that ability. Reading over in Hebrews (chapters 3 and 4) I am once again reminded of “The Danger of Unbelief; 3:7-19” (Illustrated Bible Handbook) and the rest You promise for today (4:1-12).

Oh most dear and Blessed God, as I look to You for the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) I find myself smiling. Hoping. Inhaling deeply. And asking. Make me reverent and obedient, Dearest God.

“How can men be wise? The only way to begin is by reverence for God. For growth in wisdom comes from obeying His laws. Praise His name forever” (Psalm 111:10, The Living Bible).

Yes Lord. Empower and embolden me to reverence and obedience. I love You. I need You. I want You. I thank You. Do all You must with me this day.

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(385 words ~ 7:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment