Tuesday, October 1, 2019

passion


Tuesday, October 1, 2019 (6:22 a.m.)
Mammoth Lakes, CA
Most Holy God,

A word I am acutely aware of these past several days is passion. Other people describing their intense desires and enthusiasms toward any number of things leaves me wondering about my own.

Blessed God, how I thank You for the ability to think deeply. To consider. Deliberate [engage in long and careful reflection]. You are such a good and holy God. We are so fortunate to be loved by You. Thank You Father.

Yes. Thank You. Thank You that I can come to You with any word. Every thought. Nothing is off limits with You.

Thank You that as I explore the word passion this morning several verses present themselves. Colossians 3:23. Lamentations 3:25-27. Revelation 3:19. And so many others.

Father God, I don’t even know where to begin in my quest of unearthing my own true passion. Knowing and following You is paramount. Let’s go with that and see where You lead.

Turning to You (Revelation 3:19). Hoping in Your faithfulness (Lamentation 3). Working hard and cheerfully at whatever we do, (Colossians 3:23) as though we were working for You rather than for people. Truly Lord, I wonder what it would be like to follow You with such passion!

Illustrated Bible Handbook uses the phrase “The Glory of Servanthood; [Colossians] 3:18-4:1” in describing the benefit of “serving others as a context in which we can live out Christ’s love.” This Truth is far beyond my understanding.

The idea of living out Christ’s love is indeed intriguing. And it leads me straight over to 1 John 4:19. Loving each other as a result of Christ having first loved us. It’s all so intense to my limited understanding.

And would You just look at that? The first word used to describe intense, passionate!

Blessed, Holy Father God, I long to live this day passionately for You. Knowing, trusting, believing that by serving others I am ultimately serving You. Show me how. Make me ready, willing and able.

Readiness, willingness and ability all come from You, Lord. Empower me in being passionate for loving You by loving others. Serving You by serving others. Teach me Father. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(388 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment