Wednesday, October 16, 2019

something good


Wednesday, October 16, 2019 (5:50 a.m.)
Dearly Loved God,

Hmm. Yes. Dearly loved. I’m still acquainting myself with that Truth. We are each dearly loved by You. Thank You Father.

Thank You that I get to bring my thoughts and words and wonders to You. “Navigate”, “something good”, “dearly loved”. Yes Father, I search Your Word and You lead me to so much more.
(6:47 a.m.)

Mm. Yes Father. Thank You for the love You have for us. The love that leads us back to Your Truth and all the hope we find therein.

Peace comes to my heart as I follow thoughts and phrases into Your Word. Thank You Father.

This morning, more than usual, I am reading in Proverbs. Beginning with 18:22 and going on from there.

“The man who finds a wife finds something good, and the favor of the Eternal is indeed his.” Truly Father, I like to think this to be the case here in our household.

Lord, the more I look at just this one line the stronger the pull on my heart to be Your best! Contemporary English Version says, “A man’s greatest treasure is his wife - she is a gift from the LORD.” Oh yes Father. Make this the case here in this home.

Glancing up to the preceding verse again I nod in agreement. “Words can bring death or life! Talk too much, and you will eat everything you say.”

Most Holy God, how I long to be the woman for which You created me. 

Moving over to International Children’s Bible, chapter 16: verses 31 and 32. Again I ask You to make me so Blessed God.

“Gray hair is like a crown of honor. You earn it by living a good life. Patience is better than strength. Controlling your temper is better than capturing a city.”

I look to You Father. Thanking and praising You for the desire to live as You would have me. Asking You to continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me. Teaching me to be especially aware of the good things You regularly provide us.

Use me exactly as You know is best. Deeply rooted in Your Truth. Sharing Your mercy, grace and love. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(382 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment