Sunday, October 27, 2019

King of love


Sunday, October 27, 2019 (6:37 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning.

And thank You.

Yeah. Let’s start there.

Simple. Acknowledge the new day.

And with that immediately comes singing.

Surprisingly not the easy find I anticipated. It took a little digging. Oh, but so worth it.

♪This Is a Good Day♪ by Gary Rea. Mm. A smile. Tears. Gratitude. And joy. Mm, yes Father. You rerouted my thinking with just the simplest of greetings. Thank You!

I confess to having gotten momentarily stalled. Fear. Overwhelm. Unexpected happenings. What if this… How about that… Lots of stinkin’ thinkin’.

Let’s go back just a few days. Sight seeing out the tiny window of an airplane. Identifying lakes we had visited just last month. The sheer joy and excitement of truly being present in those inspiring moments. 

Mistakenly believing the all’s right with the world feelings would carry over in me forever. Father God, how I thank You that as the realities of every day life settle in around me we have You to trust and follow.

You lead. Guide. Comfort. Console. Encourage. Remind. Thank You Father.

Again I sing, ♪This Is a Good Day, Jesus Your mercy, It is new for me… Be praised, Let our worship Rise in this place To the King of love Cause You’re always good Always good… How great, How glorious Is the Lamb of God Who was slain for us He’s the King of us…♪

Thank You Father! In this world we will have many troubles. Your Word (John 16:33a) tells us so. “But take heart…”, “be of good cheer…” Jesus, the King of love, has overcome the world!

This is the Truth on which I must stand and cling to. Thank You! ♪Be praised, Let our worship Rise in this place… Cause You’re always good Always good♪

Thank You Father. Do all You must that I will live this day in the faith, hope and love (1 Corinthians 13:13) Your Word teaches. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(336 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment