Friday, October 4, 2019

"praying in the Holy Spirit"


Wednesday, October 2, 2019 (7:15 a.m.)
Holy God,

How I thank You. Safe travels. Beautiful scenery. Adequate rest. Your love. Mm, yes. Your love!
Thursday, October 3, 2019 (7:13 a.m.)

Almost twenty-four hours later and I am still grateful for our time together yesterday. Searching, reading, wanting to know more about Your love, I found myself researching the power of praying in the Holy Spirit.

Believing that this is truly what happens to me when we are together and a guiding force seems to take over my thinking. Drawing me more deeply into Your Word. Making me keenly aware of Your promises. Your Truth. My own misunderstandings and conflicts.

Father, how truly grateful I am to grow in You. I am here asking that You would continue Your work in me. Leading me directly over to Colossians 2:7, Holy Spirit I thank You for the power of Your prayer on my behalf.

“Let your roots grow down into Him and draw up nourishment from Him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the Truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done.” Overflow indeed! Yes Father. Thank You for all You have done.

Of all the many sites I came across yesterday my biggest take aways about praying in the Holy Spirit were by other peoples’ writings on the works of Martyn Lloyd-Jones. Father, thank You for the Truth You provide to so many.

“Praying in the Spirit is:

“experiencing the Spirit of life bringing prayer to life…

“demonstrated by faith in God’s Word and God’s will, by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ,

“NOT a skill to be acquired; [it’s] a gift to be received; a life to be lived.”

Oh yes please Father! Let me live this life that You have for me. Freely. Deeply. Exactly as YOU would have me live this gift You have provided! I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(331 words ~ 7:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment