Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Lord, You are...


Tuesday, October 8, 2019 (6:22 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. I love You. And thank You.

Yes Father. Thank You that as I wonder what to say to You, again the music starts.

Earlier it was ♪Lord, You are more precious than silver. Lord, You are more costly than gold. Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds, and Nothing I desire compares with You♪

Before that I was singing again of Your strength and the ♪Confidence♪ we find in You. Yes Lord. You are my confidence. Thank You.

And now, rounding out the trifecta of musical inspirations, I get to sing even more of all You are.

♪You are good You are good When there’s nothing good in me You are love You are love On display for all to see You are light You are light When the darkness closes in You are hope You are hope You have covered all my sin You are peace You are peace When my fear is crippling
(6:47 a.m.)

An unexpected phone call. An apparent death by suicide. Holy God. What to do? How to pray?

♪You are true You are true Even in my wandering♪ Deep exhale. Very little ability to think.

♪You are joy Your joy You’re the reason that I sing♪ More exhaling.

♪You are life You are life In You death has lost its sting♪ Oh most dear and blessed God. This is huge. The biggest, deepest, most traumatic thing I can remember having happen.

What to do? How to pray?

Pray Your goodness. Your grace. Your mercy. Your safe keeping. Your blessings. The hope we find only in You. You, Lord. I pray You. Your presence. Your healing. Your help.
(7:25 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God

Oh how we turn to You Father. To Paul’s letter to the church at Rome. To the faith and hope and grace we find in You, Your Son and in the power of Your Holy Spirit.

The Life Recovery Bible tells us that Romans is “a letter about how to live. It teaches us how to deal with our sinful attitudes and behaviors and tells us how to get back on the right track. Paul’s letter applies directly to us, showing us how to recover from the effects of sin and dysfunction in our life."

Another song ♪Jesus I trust in You♪ I don’t know where to find it. Perhaps this phrase is to be my mantra for the day? ♪Jesus, I trust in You♪

Reading more in Romans I am drawn to hope. RECOVERY THEMES Our Universal Need; God’s Power to Deliver; Recovery Leads to Freedom; The Role of Faith.

Faith. “Forsaking All I Trust Him”. Him. You? Your Son? The Holy Spirit? All of the above? No matter. I choose trust!

Illustrated Bible Handbook. Chapter 8. The Spirit’s Power New Life Through the Spirit; 8:1-17. Holy God, I have asked You repeatedly to do all You must in turning us to Your path. Use every single aspect of all that is unknown to me for Your glory and the ultimate good of others.

Father I absolutely don’t know how or what to pray so I am trusting, believing, hoping, leaning on, asking, and quoting Paul’s words right back to You. Romans 8:26-28.

“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don’t even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.”

Yes Father! Exhaling deeply and breathing in naturally. Asking wholeheartedly for Your presence. Your will. Your way. In all that I do not know or understand.

♪Lord, You are…♪ every single thing we need. How desperately we turn to You. Asking again that You do all that is necessary to turn hearts to You. You! Our Truth. Our hope. Our mainstay.

Do all You must. We love You. We need You. And we ask You Lord. Turn the groanings of our hearts into the most beautifully glorifying prayers possible. You are the God of impossibilities and we are in great need of Your presence.

We love You Lord. We need You. And we thank You in advance of all You are doing. Thank You. We love You. Amen.
(769 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment