Monday, October 7, 2019

Truth and tears


Monday, October 7, 2019 (5:42 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

I quit yesterday Lord. Right in the middle of spending time with You I just stopped. Turned away. Went on to other stuff.

Forgive my fear Father. That’s what it was. The more I read in Your Word about kindness and the other attributes that You would have us model, the more I recognized my failings. I didn’t want to be that honest with You Lord.

The “thank You”s come fairly easy for me. It’s the “we need” or “I want”s that trip me up. I grew up being told “be careful what you wish for.” Let me counter that right now with Your Truth instead.

Philippians 4:5-7. The Passion Translation. “Let gentleness be seen in every relationship, for our Lord is ever near. Don’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell Him every detail of your life, then God’s wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will make the answers known to you through Jesus Christ.”

Is this really so Blessed God? Must I spell out every detail? It’s my belief that You already know them. The concern I carry for much loved ones. The needs and doubts and fears we each experience. You know every aspect of them all.

Thank You Lord that we get to choose. Worry ourselves into frenzies? Or bring every single concern we have to You.

Habakkuk 2:3
Galatians 4:4
2 Corinthians 6:2
Romans 5:6-8

♪Nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing, nothing is too difficult for Thee♪ I believe this Father. I do. You are good. You are holy. You know what You are doing.

♪In Your time… You make all things beautiful in Your time♪ (Ecclesiastes 3:11). I want to trust and believe You Father.

The Preacher/Teacher of Ecclesiastes wrote of his own puzzlings over life “under the sun.” He concluded that we are to ‘fear You and obey Your commands’ (12:13). And here the tears I've had fall all the harder.

Blessed God, I long to “fully esteem and revere” You! And the reality I avoid more often than not is that I don’t know how to obey Your commands.

In loving and caring and praying for others I don’t know my place Lord. What is my business? What is none of my business? When I have concerns and potential helps I want to share I don’t know how. When is it helpful? When is it intrusion?

Father, I love You. You are good. You are holy. You know the plans You have for each of us. Plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). So how do I proceed? What do I do with all the indecision that keeps me from any action?

I read Your Word. Am reminded of Your Truth and promises. I start to hope. And then get sidelined by fear and uncertainty.

Holy God, do all You must in giving me ♪faith like Daniel in the lion’s den… hope like Moses in the wilderness… a heart like David, Lord be my defense So I can face my giants with confidence♪ Yes Father. Confidence. In You!

I love You, Lord. I need You. I believe You. I trust You. I want to live this day with confidence. Not fear. Knowing what You would have me do. And the courage to do it.

Yes Father! Confidence and courage. I need them both. Thank You for calling me to Your Truth. And for the cleansing tears that resulted from being honest with You.

Lead me. Guide me. Empower and embolden me in doing what You would have me do this day. How I love You Lord. Use me exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Amen.
(650 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment