Saturday, August 31, 2019

practice


Saturday, August 31, 2019 (7:20 a.m.)
Good morning Lord,

I’ve been up awhile. Searching. Looking. Seeking. Finding.

Thank You Father. Your Word tells us to seek and we shall find (Matthew 7:7b). How I thank You for Your Word. Your Truth. Your love. The hope we have in You.

Thank You Lord that I get to come here and pour out my heart to You. Ever reminded that You are good. Holy. True. Thank You that Your Word has the power to change lives. Hearts. Our very being.

Blessed, Holy Father God, it is to You I turn. I confess to frustrations and disappointments often getting the best of me. And then You speak to me. In so many different ways. Reminding me that we are to rejoice in You always (Philippians 4:4).

Many times Lord, that is easier said than done. Yet when we truly practice doing what Your Word commands [love You (Mark 12:30) and our neighbors as ourself (Leviticus 19:18)] we are truly freed from the bonds that hold us back from joy.

Thank You Father. Thank You that we get to practice loving and being loved by You. Here again I confess. Loving doesn’t come naturally to me. No. Judging, scorekeeping, retreating, withholding, not forgiving. Those are the things that seem to pop up far more often than concern and acceptance.

Thank You Father that You are so good to bless us and keep us (Numbers 6:24) in Your loving care. Continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me.

I long to practice letting ‘my roots grow down into Jesus and draw up nourishment from Him, so I will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the Truth I was taught. Letting my life overflow with thanksgiving for all You have done’ (Colossians 2:7).

We love You so much Lord. Use me this day in practicing Your goodness and Your grace. Thanks Dad. I love You. Amen.
(331 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment