Thursday, August 8, 2019

guidance and direction


Thursday, August 8, 2019 (6:59 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You for a lazy morning. A genuinely appreciated time of inactivity. Perhaps a truly underactive morning “with no particular place to go.” Yes. Thank You Lord.

I come to You with a heart full of praise and thanksgiving. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7) for Your guidance and direction.

Mm. Yes Father. I am seeking Your presence Lord.

Thank You Father that we get to ask. And receive. Seek. And find. Knock and have the door opened to (for) us. Thank You for this little bit of unscheduled time where I can truly “Be still and know” (Psalm 46:10) that You alone are God.

Oh blessed Father! Just look at these renderings…

“Stop your fighting; That’s enough! Calm down; Let go of your concerns! Be in awe; Stand silent! Attention, all! Cease striving; Be quiet; Surrender your anxiety! Relax; Desist.”

Oh, most blessed God, how we need these different ways of looking at familiarity.
(8:25 a.m.)

Mm, yes. Most blessed God. I could quite easily become overwhelmed with the busy-ness this day could present. A whirlwind of activity, if You will. Thank You for holding the reins tightly at this moment.

Yes. This moment. In time. Another song, I sing wholeheartedly to You.

♪This moment in time This right time of day Oh I love being with You And watching my life at play…♪ Yes Blessed Father, I truly love singing love songs to You.

So, as I gather my thoughts. Again asking You to sort and order them. Seeking and depending on Your guidance and direction. I knock Father. Fully trusting and believing myself to be an ♪heir to a long line of glory♪ Your glory!

♪This trip into time This timeless embrace And like a kid in a store I’ll always want more to taste And no matter what comes I now the sun is gonna shine Because of You and me There’ll be this moment in time♪

Keep me still. In Your presence.

♪Holy Spirit, You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence, Lord♪

Yes Blessed God, this I ask in Your Son’s precious name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(387 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment