Tuesday, August 20, 2019

'blah'


Tuesday, August 20, 2019 (7:03 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I love You. I’m feeling cranky. Blah.

And there’s a smile! Thank You Father. Thank You for the immediate memory of two little guys laughing as they quote a favored movie. “I do NOT say, ‘Blah, blah, blah’.”

Mm, yes Lord. Speak with me this morning concerning where YOU would have me put my focus.
(8:41 a.m.)

And here we begin again. I confess to starting. Stopping. Getting distracted. And starting over. Let’s do that. Start over.

Father, thank You for the distractions that ultimately bring me back to knowing, trusting, believing that You alone will provide our every need. Yes, Lord. Thank You.

The sermon this past Sunday was entitled, “Be-Attitudes” (Matthew 5:1-20). As I consider the ‘blah’ I brought to You earlier, I ask that You would continue Your work in helping me “Be Loving And Hope-filled”. Yes, Father. The antithesis of what blah has come to represent!

Do all You must in me. With, by, through and for me that I would truly live this day giving You honor and glory. I love You. I long to serve You. Let all disappointments and distractions take a back seat to my genuinely glorifying and enjoying You this day.

Where to start? Yes! ♪This is the day… That the Lord has made… I will rejoice… And be glad in it… This is the day that the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it This is the day…♪ (Psalm 118:24). Be glad. Be loving and hope-filled!

Make me so Blessed God. Make me so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(282 words ~ 9:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment