Tuesday, August 27, 2019

marvels


Tuesday, August 27, 2019 (6:49 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. When I don’t know what else to say to You, “Thank You” usually gets me started. My mind keeps flitting around this morning. Thank You that Your Word empowers us to stay the course You have set for us.

Yes Father, I search Your Word (Isaiah, Jeremiah) and read Your promises. I know You to be a good and loving Lord. Kind. Forgiving. One Who provides for our every need. Thank You God.

Thank You that in looking for the antonyms for flit, I find: remain, stay, slow, stand, wait. The calming effect these have on me takes me to Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know…”

It’s the various translations that have me smiling contentedly. 

“Stop your fighting” (Christian Standard Bible).

“That’s enough!” (Common English Bible).

“Calm down” (Contemporary English Bible).

“Let go of your concerns!” (God’s Word).

“Stand silent!” (The Living Bible).

“Cease striving” (New American Standard Bible).

“Be quiet” (New Life Version).

“Surrender your anxiety!” (The Passion Translation).

“Desist” (Young’s Literal Translation).

And The Message, “Attention, all! See the marvels of GOD! He plants flowers and trees all over the earth. Bans war from pole to pole, breaks all the weapons across His knee. ‘Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything.’” Yes Father!

Yes. You are our hope.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for “46:7-11 God, the commander of the heavenly armies, is here among us. If we put our life in His hands, we can rest, confident that He will protect us. He knows our weaknesses and can strengthen us in the needed areas, helping us to overcome the attacks we face each day. Our enemies may be strong, but God is far more powerful than anything that might assail us.” Amen, Father! Amen

With this Truth I shift over to singing ♪You make all things work together for my good… You stay the same through the ages Your love never changes There may be pain in the night But joy comes in the morning And when the oceans rage I don’t have to be afraid Because I know that You love me Your love never fails♪ Thank You Father.

Do all You know is best that I would live this day for Your glory and the good of others. I love You Lord. I long to serve You. And I thank You for the marvels You provide us every single day. Thank You. Use me. Amen.

(426 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment