Wednesday, August 7, 2019

word search


Wednesday, August 7, 2019 (7:09 a.m.)
Most Holy God,
(7:27 a.m.)

I’m looking for a certain word. It’s almost serene. Definitely not morose. Kind of contented. Wondering. Thinking. Trying to find it. And then I settle on grateful. Yes, Father. I am grateful.

There’s a part of me that is completely aware of all that has been let undone the past few days. Greater than that is the blind-eye that keeps me from focusing on it.

Instead, I remember the piano playing. And dancing. The fun. Laughter. Front flip attempts. Thank You Father. Yes. I am incredibly grateful.

There is a tranquility about me. That’s as close to finding the “right” word as I seem to be able to get right now. A peacefulness. An “all’s right with the world”-ness.

Hence the gratitude. I know of the upheaval taking place around us. Then I search Your Word and find Paul writing to the church at Corinth for the second time.

2 Corinthians 7:5b-6, “Outside there was conflict from every direction, and inside there was fear. But God who encourages those who are discouraged, encouraged us by the arrival of Titus.”

The Message says it this way, “Then the God who lifts up the downcast lifted our heads and our hearts with the arrival of Titus. We were glad just to see him, but the true reassurance came in what he told us about you: how much you cared, how much you grieved, how concerned you were for me. I went from worry to tranquility in no time!” (vs. 6-7).

You do that in and for us Father. And I thank You. As I continue to search words, it’s Your Word I seek most. Your Truth. Your promises.

Use me this day Blessed God. As we seek to get back on track. Syncing our rhythm to Yours. Provide exactly what You know is necessary that we will glorify and enjoy You as You wish. Thank You Lord for indeed making us grateful. I love You. Amen.
(344 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment