Wednesday, August 14, 2019

good, good Father


Wednesday, August 14, 2019 (6:30 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. I love You. Thank You that You are such a good, good Father.
(7:10 a.m.)

And thank You that I get to take a thought to Your Word and have You speak to me about it.

“Good Father.” 1 Peter 1:17. The Message. “You call out to God for help and He helps - He’s a good Father that way. But don’t forget, He’s also a responsible Father, and won’t let you get by with sloppy living.”

Truly Father, I love when Your Word makes me smile. Illustrated Bible Handbook lists this verse under Chapter 1:13-2:12. Our Holy Calling encouraging us toward Reverent Awe; 1:17-21. Mm, holy calling. Reverent awe.

Just the thought of You being our good, good Father takes me to considering who I am and to whom I belong. The overwhelming result to this search is Ephesians 2:19-21; with Hebrews 10:32-39 also surfacing.

Blessed God, how I thank You for the opportunity of scouring Your Word. Seeking to learn more of all You have for us to know. Thank You that I am Yours. I belong to You.

♪You’re a good, good Father It’s Who You are… And I’m loved by You It’s who I am…♪

Thank You Father. Praise You. Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Enable and empower me in living and loving as You would have me. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(255 words ~ 7:59 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment