Monday, August 26, 2019

faith and hope


Monday, August 26, 2019 (6:49 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You for the hope we have in You. Thank You that even [especially?] when I am feeling down I can turn to You, Your Word, a hymnal and find solace.

Yes Father. When least expected, a small smile of tranquility. Knowing that we are loved and supported by You. Thank You God. Thank You Father.

Hope in You is not something I can manufacture on my own. I can tell myself all the Truths Your Word has to offer us. Reading and reciting them is one thing. Believing them is quite different!

Thank You Father. Thank You for the call You have on us to not fear. To have faith instead. And from that faith stems hope. And love. These three things which remain (1 Corinthians 13:13).

I don’t seem to be a naturally positive thinker. Fear and dread sometimes threaten to overwhelm. That’s when coming to You ♪Just As I Am♪ changes everything. Thank You Father.

Your Word (Deuteronomy 30:19) tells us that we get to choose. Life or death. Blessings or curses. We get to choose to love You and obey You and commit ourselves to You, for You are our life (v. 20a). Yes Father.

I confess to You right now my tendency to focus on the worst, not the best. "What if..." and "if only..." seem to pepper my thoughts. Again I thank You for the Truth of Your Word. The hope that washes over me as I read Philippians 4:8 in The Voice.

“Finally, brothers and sisters, fill your minds with beauty and truth. Meditate on whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is good, whatever is virtuous and praiseworthy.”

Father, these thoughts do not come easy to me. Positivity is not my natural bent. Fear, dread, catastrophizing. Those are more my norm.

Thank You Lord that You are far greater than all of my fears! Every single time my mind starts to wander over to any of the ‘if’ thoughts, Your Word is here reminding me of what IS. Your Word IS Truth!

Our faith and hope IS found in You and Your Word! Reading again in Proverbs 31, I am hopeful of one day resembling a wife of noble character. Depicted in verse 25, “She IS clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs with no fear of the future.”

Father God, I look to You asking (Matthew 7:7) that You would make it so in me. Contemporary English Version says, “She is strong and graceful, as well as cheerful about the future.”

Yes Father, do all You must in changing me into the woman YOU would have me be. Faithful and hopeful. I cannot do this on my own. You can. I will let You. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.
(479 words ~ 8:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment