Saturday, August 10, 2019

any given day


Saturday, August 10, 2019 (6:16 a.m.)
Most Blessed God,

I got to have a date yesterday. Fun. Food. And a movie. Thank You Father.

Yes Dad. Thanks. I got to be reminded of what a truly sheltered life I live. Not going out much. Completely unaware of the busy-ness that takes place on any given day.

And just like this [SNAP!] once again I get to remember how intrinsically Your Truth is woven into our lives. Thank You God.

Thank You that a movie, the report of a kind gesture on the news or just taking a moment to breathe in deeply can change our focus. Clear our heads. Remind us of Who is truly in charge. You! So good. So giving. So true! Thank You Father.

Thank You for Your Word. Always set to guide us. We often struggle against It. Wanting our own will. Our own way. But then we surrender. Allowing Your goodness and grace to wash over us. Allowing us to live and breathe freely. Like You had originally intended. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that there is so much said in Your Word about freedom. Struggle. Law. And love. There are examples of our old life’s sinful nature and our new life in the Spirit. We get to read and rest assured that You truly are in control.

Praise You Father for Who and all You are! Thank You for the privilege of turning in Your Word [this time in Galatians] and reading again of the struggle we each face. We are called to Freedom in Christ (5:1-15) and given examples of Living by the Spirit’s Power (16-26).

So much Truth. Such wisdom. And all I have to offer in return Lord is gratitude. Absolute gratefulness Father. As well as this plea. Empower and embolden me in living this particular day to Your glory and the good of others.

Holy God, it is scheduled to be a completely full and busy day. Keep me out of Your way that Your love would flow freely through me to others.

The Message presents the apostle Paul’s words to the Galatians by saying, “My counsel is this: Live freely, animated and motivated by God’s Spirit. Then you won’t feed the compulsions of selfishness. For there is a root of sinful self-interest in us that is at odds with a free spirit, just as the free spirit is incompatible with selfishness. These two ways of life are antithetical, so that you cannot live at times one way and at times another way according to how you feel on any given day. Why don’t you choose to be led by the Spirit and so escape the erratic compulsions of a law-dominated existence?”

Yes Lord. Do in and with, by, through and for me all that I am unable to do on my own. I love You. I need and want You. And I thank You. Oh how I thank You God. Do all You must Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(507 words ~ 7:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment