Friday, August 23, 2019

down in my heart


Friday, August 23, 2019 (7:02 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I love You. Let’s go with that. My mind keeps wandering. Going off in different directions. My feelings are all over the place.

I’m asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) for Your ♪peace that passes understanding (Philippians 4:7) down in my heart… to stay♪ Yes Father. I’m looking for that joy Your Word promises us.

Here is the thank You that comes every time I experience Your work in me. Yes Father. Thank You.

Thank You that I get to come to You with all my baggage. My hopes and concerns. My doubts and fears. And You love me in spite of myself. Thank You Father.

The smile on my face is genuine. Not forced. Just being willing to open up to You with a “I’m not feeling okay right now” helps. How I thank You for Your love. Your mastery.

♪And I’m so happy, So very happy I’ve got the love of Jesus in my heart…♪ It’s true. When I change my focus from dreadful thinking onto You and Your Word my heart is lightened. Hopeful. Thank You, Lord.

This from Philippians in Illustrated Bible Handbook. “Chapter 4. Joy in the Lord A Plea for Perspective; 4:2-9. Paul speaks of joys that are found through relationship with the Lord (4). In Christ we have release from anxiety, for we can express every need to God and experience peace (5-7).”

Thank You Father that we can count on You. Trust Your promises. Look to You. Believe all You say.

I’m at the place where I can choose faith or fear. I get to decide where I will direct my thoughts and feelings.

Continuing with the Truth found in the section above. “In Christ we can concentrate our attention on the true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable and praiseworthy (8). In Christ we can put godly living into practice, and have an assurance that the God whose presence means inner peace will be with us (9). What a wonderful perspective to maintain on life, and what a source of constant joy!”

Father, I realize I am being affected by a movie we watched as entertainment last night. Viewing it as such seemed acceptable. Until its end. Based on a true story, of the Sinaloa drug cartel. Then the reality struck. This is real life. These things take place every single day.

And therein lies my conflict! Horrific, terrifying evil that some live with every single day contrasted by the joy and peace that You offer to us. Down in our hearts.

Father, I invite You into my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength (Mark 12:30). Do all You must in teaching me to put into practice all the tools You have provided for us. I want Your joy. Your peace. Your love.

I love You. I thank You. Use me. Thank You. Amen.
(487 ~ 8:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment