Wednesday, August 7, 2019

building


Sunday, August 4, 2019 (6:19 a.m.)
Blessed God,

How I thank You Lord. Thank You for love. And learning. Thank You for mistakes. Yes. And all we learn from making them.

This morning Lord, I woke up thinking about Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. Blessed God I would be lost without them.

There were more mistakes yesterday. Some fearfulness. A plan. Some hope. And through it all… Wait! That’s a song.

♪Through it all, through it all My eyes are on You Through it all, through it all It is well♪

Yes Lord. Yes. Through it all… it is well! Will You please remind me of this? Continuously.

Father I love You. I anticipate upheaval this day. Chaos. Potentially hurt feelings. Thank You that we have Your Word on which to stand.

And stand I do. First in James (1:2-4; 12). His words of encouragement about troubles and hard trials build hope in my heart. Then it’s over to Romans.

Blessed God, I scour Your Word for the hope and help You offer us. The deeper I look, the more profound Your Truth rings clear! Striking chords of faith and our need for Your power.

Lord, I come to You. You offer us “Good News”. Power. Freedom. Joy. Father, I long to accept Your kind invitation to live this day in You. With You. By You. Through You. For You.

Quoting from Paul’s letter to the church of Rome, my hope is in You Lord. Faith Brings Joy. Romans 5:2-6. “Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of highest privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us - they help us learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of character in us,”. Yes please Lord! I absolutely need Your strength of character!

“… and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. And this expectation will not disappoint us. For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love. When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.”

Father God, You absolutely know what You are doing. How I ask You to continue building in me the endurance I need to withstand whatever challenges I may encounter this day. Let me stand firm in Your Truth through all chaos, crisis and confusion that may come my way.

I love You Lord. I need You. And I ask You… be with me. In me. By me. Through me. For me. I love You. Thank You.
(460 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment