Friday, August 23, 2019

on and on and on and on


Thursday, August 22, 2019 (6:28 a.m.)
Holy God,

I have music in my head. Not an easy find like yesterday. Something more illusive. Scratch that. Elusive.

Wow. How’s that for having my mind blown so early in the morning? Three words. Allusive. Elusive. Illusive. So similar in sound. And spelling. Each meaning something different. Talk about the need to be alert.

Here I find myself at Ephesians 6:18. Father, how I ask You to guide and direct our time together this morning. There are so very many needs. Hearts and souls, minds and physicalities that are broken. Hurting. In desperate need of Your healing touch.

As I read Your Word, believe Your Truth, stand firm on Your promises, still the echos of elusion play on in my mind. Reminding me again that “I don’t know what I think I know.”

Blessed God, I keep making mistakes. Letting people down. And now the tears sting my eyes.

Father, I love You. Reading the simplicity of The Voice’s translation for this verse (Ephesians 6:18) reminds me once more of how ill-prepared I am in fighting the difficulties of this world.

“Pray always. Pray in the Spirit. Pray about everything in every way you know how! And keeping all this in mind, pray on behalf of God’s people. Keep on praying feverishly, and be on the lookout until every evil has been stayed.”

It looks and sounds and reads easy enough. And as I continue considering it I ask, “How?” How do I pray always? In the Spirit? About everything in every way? On behalf of God’s people? Feverishly?
(10:10 a.m.)
And here I am. Back. Thanking You. Praising You!

Holy God, thank You that in the split moment it took to think, “if I could just find the song” another phrase started singing. Then, finally… ♪One Thing Remains♪

Praise You Father! We did sing it on Sunday after all. I had it titled wrong. It’s NOT, “Your Love Never Fails”. That’s a completely different song!

Now that You have my full attention, what do You want to do with me? Through me. In, by and for me. What do I have, or know, that You would have me share with others?

MY plan was to use this mostly unscheduled day to work out in the much overgrown yard. I’m thinking that is not my best idea. Guide and direct my thinking. And my projects Dearest Lord.

Valuing and improving my health seem to be right at the top of the list. How would You best have me accomplish that? There’s that word [how] again. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. Yes Father.

Coming back to Your Word, I’m reading in the Worldwide English (New Testament). The above verse from the apostle Paul’s letter to the believers in Ephesus. Written to strengthen their relationship with You and each other.

Blessed God I am inserting myself here in the Truth and hope of becoming A Strong People (Chapter 6:10-20 Illustrated Bible Handbook). “We are called to spiritual warfare, and like Paul to fearlessly declare God’s gospel (19,20). God has equipped us with every resource needed (12).” Let me stand on this Truth today Holy God.

While listed as verse 18 in most translations, Worldwide English counts this line as number 17 [having combined verses 2 and 3 at the beginning of the chapter]. “Always talk to God in the Spirit. Talk to Him about everything and ask Him for what you need. Put your mind on what you are saying, asking God to help all His people.”

I ask You for help finding elusive songs! And You deliver. Why wouldn’t I rely on You always?

Holy God I love and thank You so much. Continuing to sing ♪Higher than the mountains that I face Stronger than the power of the grave Constant through the trial and the change One thing remains… Your love never fails It never gives up It never runs out on me… Because on and on and on and on it goes For it overwhelms and satisfies my soul And I never, ever, have to be afraid One Thing Remains♪

And here comes a lyric I’ve not considered before. ♪In death, in life I’m confident and covered by the Power of Your great love♪ Just look at the promise and hope I find in this! Confident. And covered by the power of Your love. Thank You Father.

Thank You for keeping me close to You this day. Continue Your work in me. With, by, through and for me. I love You. I seek Your guidance and Your blessings. Thank You Father. I love You.

♪... on and on and on and on it goes…♪ Amen.
(789 words ~ 12:57 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment