Sunday, August 18, 2019

outlook


Sunday, August 18, 2019 (7:11 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I’m here requesting a change of attitude. Yes. My outlook continues circling back around to cranky. I’m allowing my focus to get off of You. Your goodness. Your glory.

Yes Father. Your goodness. Your glory. Tell me more.

I got to pray with a much loved one last night. A prayer for priorities. Requesting the insight and ability to put “first things first.” Mm, yes Dad. First things first.

You are that. First. Foremost. By far, the “most prominent in rank.” Adjust my tendency of thinking the worst instead of the best. That is indeed where I keep getting stuck.

One particular person continues coming to mind. A replay of an initial encounter. Words remembered. Held onto. An unwillingness to completely let it go.

And here I find myself reading of Christ’s Humility and Exaltation (Philippians 2:5-11). “Your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had” (v. 5).

The Life Recovery Bible says this concerning these verses of Scripture, “Jesus Christ is our ideal model for humility in obedience and service. Our thoughts, attitudes, and actions are to be patterned after Christ. His willingness to humbly obey His Father is a great example for us. As we take an honest moral inventory of our life, we must humbly admit our faults so we can begin to change our destructive patterns. If we follow Jesus Christ in humility, learning to admit our failures without hesitation, nothing will be able to stop our recovery.”

Right here I recognize my decisions to push time with You off to the side these past two days as huge mistakes. I knew it even as I chose dish washing and TV viewing over time alone in Your Word. Forgive me Lord.

Renew my desire to ‘sing, smile, stay and stretch’. Loving You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30).

Father, I do love You. I thank You. I praise You.

Healthier food choices. A renewed commitment to fixing my “thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise” (Philippians 4:8).

Yes, Lord. Do all You must in growing me into the woman You would have me be. Loving and forgiving. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(395 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment