Sunday, September 1, 2019

WHOLLY


Sunday, September 1, 2019 (6:45 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You that You are WHOLLY good! Yes! Wholly good.

Again, I didn’t know the spelling of this word. What a delight in taking it to Your Word and finding it a part of Jesus’ Last Supper Discourse.

Blessed God, I love the way You change my focus. Coming out here with You, I was prepared to go straight into telling You all about a certain disappointment I am struggling with. Thank You that You would have none of that!

Thank You for redirecting me to Your holiness. To the love You have for us. According to The Message, Jesus told His disciples, “I’ve loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you’ll remain intimately at home in my love. That’s what I’ve done - kept my Father’s commands and made myself at home in His love (John 15:9-10).

“I’ve told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you” (11-12).

This is where the singing starts. ♪This is my commandment That you love one another That your joy may be full♪

Thank You Father. You really don’t skip a beat in covering us when we humble ourselves and come to You exactly as we are. Needy.

Blessed God, as I sit here considering Your totality. Your wholeness. All we have in You. I thank You Lord. Thank You for being wholly good and wanting our joy to be wholly mature.

Just think about that. Full. Fullest. Fulfilled. Complete. Overflowing gladness. True happiness. Ultimate satisfaction. All of Your love and joy available to us when we obey You (v. 10). Thank You Father.

Do all You must in preparing us to live this day wholly mature in You. Tall order. Accomplished only through Jesus’ perfect love. Thank You Father. I love You. Use me. Amen.
(341 words ~ 8:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment