Sunday, August 25, 2019

a sense of calm


Sunday, August 25, 2019 (6:47 a.m.)
Blessed God,

How I thank You Lord. Thank You for peacefulness. Rest. Sleep. A sense of calm. Mm, yes Father. A genuine sense of calm.

And thank You God that even here I get to turn to Your Word (Psalm 94) and find You being “praised as avenger of evil, who sees all and who judges the wicked, while supporting those who take refuge in Him” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

I’m brought here because of The Message’s version of verses 17-19. “If GOD hadn’t been there for me, I never would have made it. The minute I said, ‘I’m slipping, I’m falling,’ Your love, GOD, took hold and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, You calmed me down and cheered me up.”

You do that for us. You calm us down and cheer us up. Thank You Father.

Just reading the various translations for this one verse reignites the above mentioned sense of calm. So many different ways of saying that when we are most upset You calm us down. Thank You God.

Yes. Thank You that when we are feeling and thinking multitudes of anxious thoughts and burdens, Your comfort cheers and delights our soul.

Varying descriptive words mention ‘anxious inner thoughts becoming overwhelming’, being worried, doubts and turmoil, anxiety, busy out of control thoughts… Father God, how often does my thinking resemble these descriptions?

Thank You that we do not have to stay trapped by our thoughts concerning circumstances. We can come to You and have our souls gladdened. Delighted. Lightened. Cheered. Renewed.

You do this for us Father. You provide us with a sense of calm that ultimately brings us hope. Joy. Comfort.

Use Your calming goodness in, with, by, through and for me this day. Empower me in sharing the hope we have in, with, by, through and for You. I love You Lord. And I long to serve You as You know is best.

Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(338 words ~ 8:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment