Sunday, January 7, 2024

wrapping up Christmas

 Sunday, January 7, 2024 (6:21 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy, Loving, Lord God,


Thank You. Sleep eventually happened last night. As did rain! So many thoughts were lulled and quieted. Thank You Father.


Mm, yes. Lulled and quieted. Thank You Lord.


Listening to the rain against the window was comforting. Thought provoking. Reminding me that today we would be wrapping up our Christmas decorations.


Holy God, this was a holiday season like none I remember. Seemingly not caring enough to get caught up in the wrappings and trappings of the past. Feeling various degrees of bitter resentments I am still shocked by my own refusal to celebrate the birth of Your Son.


Father God, I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to work in me. With, by, through and for me. Adjusting me to YOUR plan. Your will. Your way.


♪Have Thine Own Way, Lord! …Thou art the Potter; I am the clay Mold me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still♪ Yes Lord. I want very much to be the clay to Your mastery.


Isaiah 45:9, 64:8

Jeremiah 18:1-6

2 Timothy 2:20-21


Still quoting the lyrics here, a true desire I have is for You to ♪Search me and try me, Master, today. Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now♪ Yes Lord! I want to humbly bow in Your presence.


♪… Wounded and weary, help me, I pray. Power - all power - surely is Thine! Touch me and heal me, Savior divine! Have Thine Own Way, Lord! …Hold o’er my being in absolute sway! Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see Christ only, always living in me!♪


Yes! I want to wrap up Christmas while keeping Christ on display. Yes! Do that Dear Lord. I love, need, trust and want You. Do all You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(315 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment