Thursday, January 18, 2024

So very grateful.

 Thursday, January 18, 2024 (5:15 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You!


You are glorious. Great. Good. Gracious (Psalm 145:5-8). And I am grateful! So very grateful.


Father, thank You that we have Your Psalms of which to turn. Your Word of Truth on which to stand.

(5:58 a.m.)


Intentionally turning our thoughts to You can change our outlook. With my brain spinning last night, sleep wasn’t readily available. Thank You for reminding me to wait on You and breathe.


The next thing I knew, it was 1:00 a.m. and I still had more hours of sleep ahead of me. Thank You Father.

(7:01 a.m.)


Sitting with You now affords me time to consider all You are. Reading one Psalm (145) leads to another (143:8-10). And still more!


“I am waiting for the LORD to help me. My soul waits for Him. I trust what He says. I am waiting for my Lord, like a guard waiting and waiting for the morning to come” (Psalm 130:5-6 Easy-to-Read Version).

(7:33 a.m.)


Father, how truly I thank You for leading and guiding me to things that help me remember Your faithfulness. Teachings from the past. Reminded in the present. “Breathe out fear. Breathe in hope.” “Be better, not bitter!”


Directed to Lamentations 3:25-26, I revel in The Message’s version. “GOD proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It’s a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from GOD.” Yes please, Lord!


Being so close to verses 22-23, my heart and soul automatically start singing. ♪Give thanks to the Lord, our God and King His love endures forever For He is good, He is above all things His love endures forever Sing praise, sing praise…♪


Thank You God. For Your goodness. And grace. Your great and glorious faithfulness. Enable and empower me in using them as You would have me. I love, need, trust and want You.


Have Thine Own Way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter; I am the clay. Mold me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still♪ Yes! Please. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(376 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment