Wednesday, January 24, 2024

glory

 Wednesday, January 24, 2024 (4:40 a.m.)

Blessed, Loving, Lord God,


Forgive me. I confess grumpiness to You.


And right here I thank You. Yes. Again, I say, “Thank You.”


You provide us our every need. ‘…out of Your riches in the glory that is found in Christ Jesus’ (Philippians 4:19 Common English Bible).


Talk with me about Your glory Lord. EasyEnglish Bible renders Paul’s words here as, “My Lord God in heaven has plenty of good and valuable things. Because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will give you everything that you need.”


Good and valuable things. Good News Translation refers to Your glorious riches as “abundant wealth.”


Contemporary English Version says, “…the wonderful blessings that come from Christ Jesus!”

(6:01 a.m.)


Searching to learn more about Your glory I find these descriptions at Bible Study Tools. Your wonder. Your goodness. Your desire for personal intimacy. Mm. And now I smile.


Holy, Father God, thank You for loving and wanting us. You display Your glory in the heavens and on the earth. We get to see Your power. Majestic beauty. Amazing wonder.


Keep us looking to and for reminders of how very good You are. Yes Father. Thank You for Your calls to praise You for how loving and kind You are.


Reading of Your desire for personal intimacy, my heart settles. And smile grows.  “When God’s presence shows up, it makes God real and personal. He is no longer just the God who exists in the heavens, but He is the God who comes down wanting to dwell among men. He wants to be with you. There is no greater place then to be in God’s presence, sensing the warmth of His love and the joy of His spirit.”


Yes. YES! Your presence. Real. Personal. Here. With us.


Further reading takes me to 2 Corinthians 3:17-18. The Glory of the New Covenant. “For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. So all of us who have had that veil [which hides us from others] removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord - who is the Spirit - makes us more and more like Him as we are changed into His glorious image.”


Yes please. Continue Your work in changing me that I will reflect Your glory. That I will become more like You “with ever-increasing glory by the Lord’s Spirit” (International Standard Version).


Do all You must that I will represent You well. I love, need, trust and want You. Use me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(425 words ~ 6:47 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment