Monday, January 29, 2024

straight to another

 Monday, January 29, 2024 (5:43 a.m.)

♪Breathe on Me, Breath of God,


♪Fill me with life anew, That I may love what Thou dost love, And do what Thou wouldst do♪


Mm, yes! ♪Spirit of the Living God, fall fresh on me… Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me… fall fresh on me♪


Oh but wait! The very next verse.


♪Soul of heaven, heart of God, wash over me… Cleanse me, teach me, hold me, reach me. Soul of heaven, heart of God, wash over me♪


 And still, there’s more!


♪Holy presence, love divine, cast out my fear… Shield me, free me, call me Holy presence, love divine, cast out my fear♪


Thank You Father. One song of Your Truth leading straight to another. Reminding me of the power that comes from letting the Holy Spirit guide our lives (Galatians 5:16).


Mm. Yes, Father. Thank You that Your Truth leads us when we are willing to follow. Galatians 5:25. “Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.”


♪Holy Spirit You are welcome here Come flood this place And fill the atmosphere Your glory God Is what our hearts long for To be overcome By your presence, Lord♪


Father God, thank You for the times the songs I am singing line up with Your Word. “And because we are His children, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, ‘Abba, Father.’” (Galatians 4:6).


And now I’ve gone straight back to the first song of the day. ♪Breath on Me, Breath of God…♪


Lord, I can’t make this stuff up! Choosing to follow as YOU guide my thoughts allows me the freedom to not fear. To truly trust You and not be afraid.


You know every single plan You have for us. They are plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).


Just like with my singing much earlier, this one verse takes me straight to another. And then the next. 


“In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. ‘I will be found by you,’ says the LORD” (Jeremiah 29:12-14a).


Most Dear and Holy Father God, our hearts, our souls, our minds and strength each get caught in cycles of pain. Thank You for the work You have been doing all these many years in teaching us the importance of waiting on You and breathing in Your Holy Spirit.


Do all You must in releasing us from the paralyzing pain that keeps us from loving You, others and ourselves as You know is best. With all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30-31).


You are so good, great, glorious and gracious (Psalm 145:5-8). Use us as only You know is best. Waiting. And breathing. Trusting. Not fearing.


We love You Lord. We need, trust and want You. Continue Your perfecting work in each of us. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(520 words ~ 7:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment