Thursday, January 11, 2024

serve each other as friends

Wednesday, January 10, 2024 (5:52 a.m.)

“Thank You!”


My first thought this morning was filled with gratitude. Thank You Lord. Yes. Thank You!


I have a smile and so many of Your verses this morning. Thank You God.


Romans 15:13

1 Corinthians 13:13

2 Corinthians 13:14


And these were just the starters! Next came 1 Corinthians 16:22b. And a new to me understanding of an Aramaic phrase I’ve seen often through the years. Maranatha. “Come, O Lord.”

(6:38 a.m.)


There’s even a praise and worship video with the musical phrase ♪Maranatha, O Lord Jesus, come♪


Most Dear and Blessed God, how I thank You for teaching me new things. And new to me music


♪Maranatha, Lord, we seek You

Every heart here waits as one

Lord draw near us for we need You

Maranatha, O Lord Jesus, come


Where Your people join together

Lord, Your Spirit fills that place

You are here now, Lord, forever

Now in spirit but one day face to face


Now we watch Lord for Your appearing 

When the veil is torn away

As we see our freedom nearing

May this prayer grow stronger everyday


O Lord come; O Lord come

We await Your presence,

     O Lord come

Come and meet us;

     We long to see You

Maranatha, O Lord Jesus, come♪


You fill us with Your hope Father. Your joy. Maturity. Encouragement. Harmony. Peace (2 Corinthians 13:11). EasyEnglish Bible presents the apostle Paul’s closing prayer to the church in Corinth with words I spark to understand.


“I pray that the Lord Jesus Christ will continue to be very kind to you all. I pray that God’s love will be with you. And I pray that the Holy Spirit will help you serve each other as friends.”


O most dear and blessed God, continue teaching us to “serve each other as friends.” We love, need, trust and want You Lord. Use us as You know is best. Being kind. It counts. And it’s free!


Thank You Lord. Praise You. Amen.

(343 words ~ 7:23 a.m.)



No comments:

Post a Comment