Friday, January 26, 2024

streams of abundance

 Thursday, January 25, 2024 (5:38 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,

(6:03 a.m.)


Thank You! Time spent searching what it means that You truly are blessed and holy led me to singing. And smiling. Thank You Father.


Blessed Be Your Name In the land that is plentiful Where Your streams of abundance flow Blessed be Your name♪


Mm. Yes. Streams of abundance.

(6:35 a.m.)


Oh most dear and blessed God, I love when singing and learning about one song leads me straight to another. Reading that “Blessed be the name of the Lord” (Job 1:21) is also written as “Praise the name of the LORD!” the next thing I know ♪May Jesus Christ be praised♪ immediately comes to mind. And heart.


When Morning Gilds the Skies, my heart awakening cries; May Jesus Christ be praised! …The powers of darkness fear, When this sweet song they hear: May Jesus Christ be praised!♪


And right back to ♪Where Your streams of abundance flow... ♪ Most dear and absolutely blessed God, I read [in The Berean Test] “regardless of our circumstances, [Matt] Redman will continue to praise God and call His name blessed.”

(7:25 a.m.)


Deciding to praise You and “be thankful in all circumstances” (1 Thessalonians 5:18a) is a skill I long to acquire. Continue Your perfect work in training me to readily accept that Your name is still Blessed…


♪When I’m found in the desert place Though I walk through the wilderness… Every blessing You pour out I’ll turn back to praise When the darkness closes in, Lord Still I will say Blessed be the name of the Lord… Blessed be Your glorious name♪


And here a medley begins. So many hymns. Each wanting their own turn. All at the same time. Quite the jumble Lord. I give them all to You.


♪I Have Decided to Follow Jesus♪


♪He Has Made Me Glad♪


♪Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus♪


You provide our every single need Dearest God. I tend to jump ahead. Thinking I know where it is You are leading me. Pull me back Blessed Lord. Slow me down to the pace You have set for me.


Yes. “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith” (Hebrews 12:1-2a).


Mm, yes. Do all You must. In. With. By. Through. And for me. That I will truly live this day [which You alone have made (Psalm 118:24a)] readily rejoicing and being glad in it (118b).


I love You. I need, trust and want You. Thank You for who and all You are. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(485 words ~ 7:57 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment