Tuesday, January 23, 2024

♪Defender♪

 Tuesday, January 23, 2024 (4:33 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Good morning. Thank You that it is.


We sang ♪Defender♪ in church on Sunday. And this very good morning I read about its origins. Thank You Father.


Thank You for the ease with which I found the lyrics. And the Biblical verse (Exodus 14:14) behind the song’s creation.


Mm, yes. Thank You Lord.


While attempting to follow Your lead into Your word I turned to Genesis instead of Exodus. Chapter 15. Not 14. Thank You that mistakes often result in better understandings of what we are wanting to learn.


Moses speaking to the Israelites. Telling them not to be afraid of the Egyptian army Pharaoh has sent to reclaim them. “The LORD Himself will fight for you. Just stay calm” (Exodus 14:14).


Illustrated Bible Handbook (14:1-14) describes Pharaoh’s pursuit of his lost slave labor. And the Israelites having forgotten all Your miracles, preferring to have remained in bondage.

(6:11 a.m.)

Thank You Father for reminding us of Your power. And Your presence.


♪You go before I know That You’ve even gone to win my war Your love becomes my greatest defense It leads me from the dry wilderness And all I did was praise All I did was worship All I did was bow down, oh All I did was stay still Hallelujah, You have saved me So much better Your way Hallelujah, great Defender So much better Your way♪


Yes! So much better Your way!


♪You know before I do Where my heart can seek to find Your Truth Your mercy is the shade I’m living in And You restore my faith and hope again And all I did was praise…♪


Most dear and blessed God, it is when we remember to praise, worship, bow down, stay still that we readily shout Your Hallelujahs. Sing Your Truth!


♪So much better Your way When I thought I lost me You knew where I left me You reintroduced me to Your love You picked up all my pieces Put me back together You are the Defender of my heart… Hallelujah, You have saved me So much better this way Hallelujah, great Defender… And all I did was praise…♪


Yes Father. Keep me praising. Worshiping. Bowing down. Staying still. Trusting and depending on You. Our perfect Defender.


Use me this whole day [which You have made (Psalm 118:24a)]. Rejoicing. And being glad (v. 24b). Exactly as You would have me. Trusting. Believing. Knowing You to be the Great Defender that You are.


I love, need, trust and want You Dearest Lord. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(438 words ~ 6:40 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment