Sunday, January 21, 2024

turning to God instead

 Sunday, January 21, 2024 (5:25 a.m.)


Distracted and careless. That describes me. Let’s look to You instead.


Loving. Kind. Merciful. Forgiving. Omniscient. Yep. Let’s look further into Your all-knowing, all-wise, all-seeing nature.


Thank You God. Yes. Thank You that I can make all kinds of mistakes. And You do not change. 


Thank You that even when I’m thinking of different words ♪One Thing Remains♪ comes singing through. It’s Your LOVE that ♪never fails It never gives up It never runs out on me Because on and on, and on, and on it goes Before it overwhelms and satisfies my soul♪


How blessed we are to be able to make mistakes and be forgiven. Thank You Father that I would much rather look to You than all the errors of my ways.


Who knew [You do. Always!] that my whole attitude would change just by confessing myself to You? Thank You Father. An absolute sense of well being overtakes my self-flagellation.


Blessed God, thank You that we have Your Psalms that remind us of Your consistent care of us. We are guided to singing Your praises.


Psalm 147:1. “Praise the LORD! How great to sing praises to our God! How delightful and how fitting!”


Healer of the brokenhearted and bandager of wounds (v. 3) Counter of the stars. Calling them all by name (4).


“How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension!” (V. 5)


Reading the comments at the bottom of The Life Recovery Bible page, I smile in agreement. “147:2-11 God can restore us to wholeness again. We need to turn to Him instead of withering away in remorse.”


Thank You Father! That’s precisely what I did here with You this morning. BEFORE even opening Your Word.


Use me exactly as You know is best. Loving, believing, trusting, knowing You as the ♪Good, Good Father♪ that You are. Thank You Lord. Praise You. Amen.


(322 words ~ 7:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment