Saturday, January 6, 2024

Wait and breathe!

 Friday, January 5, 2024 (6:01 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead, CA


♪Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord… Our God, You reign forever Our hope, Our strong deliverer You are the Everlasting God The everlasting God You do not faint You won’t grow weary♪


Everlasting God. Yes!


♪You’re the defender of the weak You comfort those in need You lift us up on wings like eagles♪


Oh! Look at this. I’ve skipped over Isaiah 40:28 many times on my hurry to verse 31. Let me slow down and truly wait on You Lord.


“Have you never heard or understood? Don’t you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of His understanding.”


Most Dear and Blessed God, I truly want to learn to wait on You. Trust in You. To breathe You into my very being.


I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to lead so that I will follow. I look to You to teach me the Scripture verses You would have me stand upon. Learning to wait on and for You.


Psalm 27:14, “Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.”


Psalm 130:5. “I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I hope.” Mm, yes. Hope!


Romans 15:13. “So I [Paul] pray that God who gives hope, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in Him. May you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”


Ephesians 3:16, 19. “I [Paul] pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you mighty inner strength through His Holy Spirit… May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power [BREATH!] that comes from God.”


Matthew 11:28-30. “Then Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.’”


John 20:22. “Then He [Jesus] breathed on them [disciples] and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit.’”


♪Breathe on Me, Breath of God: fill me with life anew, that I may love the way You love and do what You would do… until my heart is pure, until my will is one with Yours to do and to endure… so I shall never die, but live with You the perfect life for all eternity♪


Most Dear and Blessed, merciful and Providing God. Continue Your work in teaching me to “Wait and breathe!” Wait on and for You. Breathe in You and Your life giving Spirit.


A quote from Key Truths about “Inhaling the breath of God” has me smiling deeply. “As you inhale the Breath of God, you embrace life. Moment by moment, Christ in you teaches you to ‘breathe through’ struggle and peace, suffering and joy, wilderness and home. As you open up to the Spirit, you open yourself to mystery and paradox, growth and change. The change may happen subtly, almost imperceptibly, so that only in retrospect do you see how far you’ve come.”


Blessed, Holy Father, continue Your life changing work in, with, by, through and for me. Fine tune my willingness and ability to truly wait and breathe as You would have me. I love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(635 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment