Wednesday, January 31, 2024

love/judgment

 Wednesday, January 31, 2024 (6:00 a.m.)

Thank You Father.


I recognized snarkiness. And brought it straight to You. Thank You God. Thank You.


Love over judgment. Every single time!


Thank You for leading me to read again of the importance of loving others. Building up. Not tearing down. Finding common ground. Caring. Being kind.


Lord God, You are so very good (Psalm 145:7). Glorious (v. 5). We saw it in the sky just earlier. You are great (v. 6). And gracious (8).


Because You are all these [and so many more] we get to bring You our unseemly attitudes. And trust You to change them in us. Thank You that You do.


Simply by confessing the degree of iIl-temper I was experiencing, I noticed a smile. The feeling of that upturned curve on my face immediately reached my heart. Reminding me of Your love for each and every single one of us.

(7:58 a.m.)


Father, thank You that because You loved the world so much You gave Your one and only Son that whosoever believeth in Him would not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16). I come to appreciate this Truth more and more as time goes on.


Jesus describing Himself as “the light of the world” (John 8:12a) has me singing again. ♪Light of the world You stepped down into darkness Opened my eyes let me see Beauty that made this heart adore You Hope of a life spent with You♪


I don’t have to walk in darkness (v.12b). It’s another choice. Stay snarky and judgmental? Or choose to follow the Light that leads to life. And love. Yes! Love over judgment.


Continue Your work in helping me choose You instead of sarcasm. Tearing flesh is not at all becoming of me. 


I love, need, trust and want You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Loving, not judging. Yes! Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(326 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment