Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Or...

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 (5:42 a.m.)

Holy God,


I made choices yesterday. Many of them. Thank You. They served me well.


I chose to ask a question. Fully aware I might not like the answer. And then was completely caught off guard by my own negative reaction to the response.


Father, thank You for reminding me that I have choices in every single circumstance I encounter. I can choose to replay mistakes. Hurts. Perceived slights. Or… I can choose acceptance.


Thank You Father. You spoke to my heart. My soul. My mind. Even my strength. Reminding me of the importance of knowing when to say when.


With every negative thought, You consistently encouraged me in changing my focus. Instead of spinning my wheels by building a case against that which I was so adamant about not accepting, You stopped me. Dead in my thoughts.


What could I accept? Adapt to. Admire. Appreciate. Did I have to take it personally? Could I just let it go.


Thank You Lord that there truly are things that are absolutely my business. And those that are not. In being able to make that distinction You freed me in seeking Your joy. And delight. 


Thank You for reminding me. Your Truth. Your will. Your way.


Deuteronomy 30:19-20c EasyEnglish Bible. “Today, I want the sky and the earth to hear what I have said to you. I have told you what you may choose. You may choose life or death. You may choose the LORD to bless you or to curse you. Choose life today, so that your descendants will live! Yes, love the LORD you God. Obey Him and serve Him faithfully. He is the one who gives you life…”


We are to love, listen and cling to You. Yes! Make it so Dear Lord.


Use us this day. Exactly as You know is best. Glorifying and enjoying You. Forever! Yes Lord. We love, need, trust and want You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(332 words ~ 6:48 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment