Sunday, January 28, 2024

sources of joy

 Sunday, January 28, 2024 (5:19 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You that You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious (Psalm 145:5-8). Loving. Kind… I’m being honest when I tell You this is another day that I am choosing to stand on all Your Word says You are rather than what I’m feeling.


Thank You Father. The apostle Paul wrote to thank and encourage the Philippian believers. Sharing “the sources of joy that sustain him” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).


Thank You for the smile that comes to my heart, my soul, my face just by reading the word joy. By reading YOUR Word concerning joy.


Choosing to focus on You. Ruminating on Your traits instead of my own. Thank You that this practice changes my attitude.


Remembering to think about whatever is true. Honorable. Just/right. Pure. Lovely. Admirable. Excellent. And worthy of praise (Philippians 4:8) doesn’t come easy for me. These are rarely my go-to thoughts.


Thank You that You don’t give up on us. ♪Your love never fails It never gives up It never runs out on me… Because on and on, and on, and on it goes Before it overwhelms and satisfies my soul And I never, ever, have to be afraid ‘Cause One Things Remains


Your Truth brings us joy. Singing and smiling remind me that when we “keep putting into practice all we’ve learned and received from Paul… Then the God of peace will be with me” (v.9).


Put this way, The Message brings it home! “Summing it up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things, true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into His most excellent harmonies.”


Mm, yes! Work me into Your most excellent harmony. Using me exactly as You know is best. I love, need, trust and want You. Thank You Father. Praise You Lord. Amen.

(356  words ~ 6:24 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment