Friday, December 1, 2023

Mistakes and all.

 Friday, December 1, 2023 (7:48 a.m.)

Blessed God,


I’ve been making mistakes. I’m here asking (Matthew 7:7) You to use me as You know is best. Do all You must. To YOUR good. And Your glory.


Thank You that I can come before You. Exactly as I am. Mistakes and all. Asking. Seeking. Knocking that I will learn what is necessary.

(8:02 a.m.)


And just like that [SNAP!] I’m smiling. Proverbs 26:11. “As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness.” Old patterns. More chances to change ineffective habits. Thank You Father.


Yes. Praise You Lord. Mistakes. Bad decisions. Thank You that by simply owning up to the errors of my way, Your Truth steps right in to set me straight.


“If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the Truth. But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all wickedness” (1 John 1:8-9).


Coming straight to You is so much better than returning to mistakes I’ve already made. Thank You for leading me more deeply into Your Word.


Not seeing myself as “just, good, righteous” (Proverbs 24:16) I kept searching various translations. New Life Version uses, “right with God” while The Message says, “God-loyal.”


Father, I want to be right with and loyal to You. Continue Your fining and refining work in me. Changing my attitude to match Your will.


“For a man who is right with God falls seven times, and rises again, but the sinful fall in time of trouble. Do not be full of joy when the one who hates you falls. Do not let your heart be glad when he trips” (Proverbs 24:16-17).


I want to follow Your lead Dearest God. Learning from my own and the mistakes of others. You are so good. Great. Glorious. And gracious. Thank You for all You do in reminding me of what I so easily forget.


The apostle Paul had so much to teach. Thank You for his diligence Lord. 1 Corinthians 10:1-13 speaks of the Israelites’ overconfidence. And disobedience.


“These things happened to them as examples for us. They were written down to warn us who live at the end of the age. If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall” (vs. 11-12).


I want to live YOUR way Father. Lead and guide me as You must. I love, need, trust and want You. Thank You for another smile. Use me as You know is best. Amen.

(445 words ~ 8:55 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment