Friday, December 8, 2023

"cherishing God"

 Friday, December 8, 2023 (6:06 a.m.)

Blessed God.


I’m singing again. ♪O Come, O Come, Emmanuel And ransom captive Israel♪


Wanting to branch out further, I intentionally chose to sing ♪Cherish♪ instead. Easily accessing the lyrics I am now reading what it is to cherish and glorify You through marriage.


I did NOT see this one coming Lord! Again I thank You for who and all You are. Working in, with, by, through and for each of us to Your good and for Your glory.


Most Blessed God, my thoughts are swimming as I read John Piper describe a marriage transformed by Your Truth. “Created by God to be - a display of the truth and worth and beauty and greatness of God.”


By simply following my search of “cherishing God” the smile I have continues expanding. Father, thank You for leading and directing me to the writings of others that speak directly to my heart.


How to Live to the Glory of God in Marriage So knowing God and cherishing God and valuing the glory of God above all things, including your spouse, is the key to living marriage to the glory of God. It’s true in marriage, as in every other relationship: God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.”


Yes, Father! Let this be true in my approach to getting started with our day.


Continue Your work in teaching me the Truth that is Your Word. Psalm 63:3. “Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise You!” Oh, yes Blessed God.


It is absolutely Your unfailing love that has enabled us to repeatedly cling to the love and respect for one another that Your Word commands (Ephesians 5:33). By cherishing You most, we are made able to put loving and glorifying You first. Above all else.


♪When Morning Gilds the Skies, My heart awaking cries; May Jesus Christ be praised!♪ Yes Lord. Be praised. Glorified. Cherished.


Do all You must that we will come to love as You have ordained. You. Others. Ourselves. Wholeheartedly. Soulfully. Mindfully. With all our strength (Mark 12:30-31).

It is You I want to glorify and cherish. Keep our hearts delighting in You. We love, need, trust and want You Lord. Use us. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(388 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment