Sunday, December 24, 2023

Arrival

 Sunday, December 24, 2023 (6:06 a.m.)

Thank You God!


Sleep. Rest. Healing. Songs.

(6:17 a.m.)

I like the way You did this just now!


Starting off by playfully singing ♪The 12 Days of Sickness♪ I went straight over to ♪The Heart of Worship♪ Thinking I was reading about its lyrics and history I am pleased to have made a mistake.


Lord God, thank You for reminding me. Prior to even opening my eyes, I realized that my heart was singing. It was playful. Joyful. Smiling.


I confess to having moped through this Advent Season. Refusing to jump on the Christmas train others have so eagerly boarded. There’s been a ton of negative self-judgment going on here.


Thank You Father. On this 4th Sunday of Advent I AM experiencing the peace, hope, joy and love Jesus came to bring into this world.


♪When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come…comin’ back to the heart of worship And it’s all about You It’s all about You, Jesus I’m sorry Lord, for the thing I’ve made it When it’s all about You It’s all about You, Jesus♪


It IS! It’s all about YOU, Jesus. Not the wrappings. Nor the trappings.


And now my mistake. The one that further cracked open my stony heart. A song I do not know says it all.


♪Who is God that He would take our frame… Oh, come now, hail His Arrival, the God of creation… the One who holds my heart like a mother once held Him… Embraced a baby’s mind, and now I can know my God… The ruler of my heart, and the Saviour for my sins… All hail the Arrival of our Maker♪


Yes! All hail Your arrival!


Use me in truly sharing the love You came to bring into this world. Thank You for turning me back to the heart worship. I love, need, trust and want YOU! Merry Christmas Eve Dear Lord. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(335 words ~ 7:03 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment