Saturday, December 23, 2023

dashed plans

 Saturday, December 23, 2023 (7:16 a.m.)


All of our best laid plans. Even the ones in the back of our minds that we didn’t talk about. Dashed.


Holy, Blessed God. How truly I thank You for the privilege of reading in and of Your Word. Reminders that we are to ♪Trust In You♪ Yes!


Very little of this Advent Season has looked like any that have come before. I actually cried out the words of the Preacher/Teacher yesterday.


“Everything is meaningless… completely meaningless” (Ecclesiastes 12:8). Thank You Father that I get to bring disappointment and dashed plans before You.


Smiling here as I read the final conclusion of this book. I find hope in being reminded to “Fear God and obey His commands, for this is everyone’s duty” (v. 13c). Yes! I am to fully esteem and revere You. Loving You, others and myself (Mark 12:30-31). Wholeheartedly. Mindfully. With all my strength and soul.


Thank You for helping me practice forgiveness. The only thing that is certain in this fallen world is Your plan. Not ours.


Blessed God, I’m asking (Matthew 7:7) You to use us exactly as You know is best. Loving. Following. Forgiving. Attuned to Your leading. Finding the joy You have for us.


Thy will be done Dearest Father. Thank You Praise You. Amen.


(224 words ~ 8:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment