Sunday, December 10, 2023

always ready

 Second Sunday of Advent

December 10, 2023 (4:39 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Keep my thoughts coming back to You I ask (Matthew 7:7). I am SO easily distracted.

(4:55 a.m.)


Even as I sit here, wondering which of my thoughts to bring before You, I find myself getting lost in them. Thank You Father that You are always ready


(6:01 a.m.)

Father,


I feel flighty. Yep! That’s the word.


I started smiling earlier at the phrase “happy surprise.” Following it to “serendipitous” I was reminded that today is the Second Sunday of Advent. Father, thank You that You are good. Holy. Always ready.


Lord! You ground us. In such positive ways. While my thinking brain may jump from here to there to somewhere else. It’s when I turn in Your Word that I find my footing.


Right now I’m asking You to lead that I will follow. I’ve been curiously clicking from one link to another.


Coming back to an American Magazine post my smile immediately returns. Titled “You can never wander too far from a God who is always ready to intervene” followed by a photo.


A lone backpacker. On a ridge. Cloudy sky. A body of water. And the sun breaking through. Such peace comes to me.


The post itself begins, “Advent is a time to awaken the soul in anticipation. It is a time when we pay attention and focus ourselves as we move slowly towards the mystery of the incarnation.”


Mm, yes Blessed Father. You are so good. You know my heart. You see all that I do not. And You are always ready to lead and provide.


Reading here of wandering. And the need of staying alert (Ephesians 6:18). “This liturgical [public worship] season challenges us to find a true path of discipleship, …sound[ing] an alarm for anyone who may be drifting through life unaware of God’s ability to intervene.”


Quoting David’s Prayer of Praise in 1 Chronicles 29:11, “Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is Yours, O LORD, and this is Your kingdom.”


Father, there is verse after verse reminding us of Your willingness to help. Thank You that You truly are our “ever-present help in times of trouble” (Psalm 46:1). Thank You that You ARE “always ready” Lord.


It’s You who directs my flightiness back to Your Word. Even better for me than being reminded to “be earnest and repent” (Revelation 3:19) is The Message’s version. “The people I love, I call to account - prod and correct and guide so that they’ll live at their best. Up on your feet, then! About face! Run after God!”


Yes! It’s You I want to glorify and enjoy Dear Lord. In, with, by, through and for my thoughts, words and actions. Especially now. As we ask You to prepare our hearts, souls, minds and strength to love You, others and ourselves as You would have us (Mark 12:30-31).


Do all You must in using us for Your good and for Your glory. We love, need, trust and want You as our focus Dear Lord. On this second Sunday of Advent, we are seeking You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(552 words ~ 8:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment