Saturday, December 9, 2023

Repeat.

 Saturday, December 9, 2023 (5:39a.m.)

Holy God,


There was sleep. Dreams. Prayers. Thoughts. Rest. More sleep. Repeat.


Thank You Father. Mm, yes. Thank You for the healthy habits we choose to repeat. Continue Your work in removing the automatic tendencies we develop over time that do not serve in glorifying You.


A perfect example right here is my pattern of calling out Your name in various circumstances. One particular grandson is deeply offended by this mindless practice I’ve fallen into.


I'm asking (Matthew 7:7) You to do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that my usage of Your name will be to celebrate, never blaspheme, Your most holy name. Thank You Father. I did NOT see this conversation coming.


I confess to only being casually aware of the importance with not taking Your name in vain. I also admit to just now being reminded that this is an actual commandment (Exodus 20:7). Not a mere suggestion.


Father, forgive me for the times I have carelessly thrown Your name around. Lightly. Frivolously. Idly. Thoughtlessly. Carelessly. Without reverence. 


I want to know more about using Your name reverently. Powerfully (Jeremiah 10:6). Guide and direct me in this I pray.


Here I repeat. I did NOT see this conversation coming! Thank You that it is.


Various translations of Your Word are telling me to not misuse Your name. “As if it were of no significance” (Common English Bible). We are not to speak Your name “in a wrong way” (EasyEnglish Bible).


This is where I come back before You, unsure of what exactly is “right” or “wrong.” You definitely have Your work cut out for us Dear Father. How grateful I am that nothing is too difficult for (Jeremiah 32:17) or impossible with (Luke 1:37) You.

Do all You must in changing me Lord. Waking me up to patterns that are not of Your liking. I love, need, trust and want to glorify and enjoy You forever Father. Use me as only You are able in making it so. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(347 words ~ 7:27 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment