Wednesday, December 13, 2023

knowing God as Father

Wednesday, December 13, 2023 (6:04 a.m.)


Awake for hours. And still refusing to come before You. What is up with this?!


♪Angels We Have Heard on High♪ keeps popping up. And I keep squashing it back down..


Holy Father ~~ well, here’s a start. Yes. Let’s go with that.


Holy Father,


I have questions. And doubts. Concerns. Frustrations. Irritations. And that’s just on the surface.


Do a work in me right now I ask (Matthew 7:7). Because even with all my pushing You away, I still believe You to be good. And glorious. Great. And gracious (Psalm 145:5-8). All the things the Bible says You are.


Where I get tangled up is… this person very convincingly believes one way. And the next? A completely different interpretation. Someone else teaches one thing. While others come along seemingly saying the same thing with different intents.


Holy Father God, I want to know You as You want to be known.

(6:26 a.m.)


With tears in my eyes, here’s my first “thank You” of the day Yes! Truly. Father, thank You.


Thank You for reminding me of what I had originally woke up experiencing. Shortly before thoughts of circumstances took their toll.


The Beatitudes.

(6:59 a.m.)

Yes Lord,


Following Your lead to Matthew 5 and Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount, I am again reminded of the Aramaic word toowayhon. Restating its meaning as: enriched, happy, delighted, blissful, content I look to You Lord.


Reading a list of translations, I stop at Worldwide English (New Testament). “He [Jesus] began to teach the people. He said, ‘God makes happy those who know that they need Him. The kingdom of heaven is for them. God makes happy those who are sad. They will have comfort’” (vs. 2-4).


It’s not on me to try to feel joyful or delighted or contented enough. No! That’s on You Holy Father.


And now? A song I am willing to sing. Yes! At the very top of my proverbial lungs.


♪When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing You to move When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through When You don’t give the answers as I cry out to You I will trust, I will trust, I will Trust In You


Yes Father! There are far more conditions that I don’t understand than those I do. And even in acknowledging that, I turn to Proverbs 3:5-7.


“Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for GOD’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He’s the One who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to GOD! Run from evil!” (The Message).


Lord, I am absolutely looking to You to lead and direct, guide and teach me. I love You. I need You. I trust and want to know You as my dear and most trusted Father.


Do all You must. In. With. By, through and for me. Exactly as You alone know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(519 words ~7:37 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment