Monday, December 11, 2023

"One Focus Only"

 Monday, December 11, 2023 (5:02 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You! You are so very great. Glorious. Gracious. And good (Psalm 145:8). Thank You that You call us to put our focus on You. And all You are. Rather than ourselves and all that we are are not.


Thank You for the mistakes You allow us to make. The ones that teach us lessons we wouldn’t learn as well without the personal, firsthand experience.


Psalm 145:17

Proverbs 16:33 (Romans 8:28)

Psalm 34 (19)


Illustrated Bible Handbook Colossians. Chapter 3. Christ, The Pattern for a Fulfilling Life One Focus Only; 3:1-4. The Glory of Love; 3:5-14

(6:17 a.m.)


Father God, I want to live and love as You desire. In, with, by, through and for You. Wholeheartedly. Mindfully. Soulfully. Trusting You throughout.

(6:34 a.m.)


Along the same vein, yet somehow completely different. Here I seem to change horses right in the middle of the stream.


Father, I can’t keep my thoughts straight! The beauty of the sky had me out there five different times. Right when I thought it was over, no! There was so much more.


This last time? ♪When Morning Gilds [colors!] the Skies, My heart awaking cries; May Jesus Christ be praised! Alike at work and prayer, To Jesus I repair; May Jesus Christ be praised!♪ Yes, Father! May Jesus Christ be praised! Yes.


All my thoughts and attempted words of describing my heart’s desire come back to ♪May Jesus Christ be praised!♪ Yes!


This being the second [Peace] week of Advent I thought that’s what I wanted. To seek and experience Your peace. Nope! Let my heart’s desire be met in praising Jesus.


Continue Your work Oh Lord. Fining and refining me (Malachi 3:1-4; Luke 3:1-6) as You alone know is best.


Father, I love, need, trust and want You. Use me. Exactly as You have planned. Thank You, God. Praise You, Jesus. Amen.

(334 words ~ 7:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment